Thursday, January 9, 2014

Your Chinese-to-English translator gave you WHAT word?

I have to get some bloodwork done, and have been coordinating with my insurance company (to ensure that it's covered and I don't have to pay up front).  I recieved this email this afternoon:

About your bloodtest:
1.       The Dalian University Second Hospital can make the bloodtest.
2.       Please tell us your Monday’s schedule,so we can make an appointment for your bloodtest in Dalian University Second Hospital.
3.       The bloodtest need you keep limosis util the test finish.

So...ummm...what's limosis, and how do I keep it?
Google says that it's a ravenous appetite caused by disease, often an uncontrollable urge to eat chalk.

Right...so I emailed back and asked.  Now, I had a pretty good idea what he probably meant, but you just never know...
Limosis means you can not eat anything before you do the bloodtest

Oh.  So why didn't you just say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment